Find Your Events
Original research articles,Randomised controlled trials, intervention studies, studies of screening and diagnostic test, outcome studies, cost effectiveness analyses, case-control series, and surveys with high response rate. Up to 2500 words excluding references and abstract.
Short Communication Up to 1000 words excluding references and abstract and up to 8 references. A short communication contains only a short report of the case (only pertinent details) and a short discussion and references upto a maximum of 8. Number of figures should be restricted to a maximum of 6.
Case reports Only New / interesting / very rare cases can be reported. Cases with clinical significance or implications will be given priority, whereas, mere reporting of a rare case may not be considered. Up to 2000 words excluding references and abstract and up to 10 references.Review articles Systemic critical assessments of literature and data sources. Up to 3500 words excluding references and abstract.
Letter to the Editor Should be short, decisive observation. They should not be preliminary observations that need a later paper for validation. Up to 400 words and 4 references.
Announcements of conferences, meetings, courses, awards and other items likely to be of interest to the readers should be submitted with the name and address of the person from whom additional information can be obtained. Up to 100 words.
1. Substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data
2. Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content
3. Final approval of the version to be published.
The collection of data, or general supervision of the research group, by themselves, do not justify authorship. The order of authorship on the byline should be a joint decision of the co-authors. Authors should be prepared to explain the order in which authors are listed. Once submitted the order cannot be changed without written consent of all the authors. For a study carried out in a single institute, the number of authors should not exceed six. For a case-report and for a review article, the number of authors should not exceed four. For short communication, the number of authors should not be more than three. A justification should be included, if the number of authors exceeds these limits. Only those who have done substantial work in a particular field can write a review article. A short summary of the work done by the authors (s) in the field of review should accompany the manuscript. The journal expects the authors to give post-publication updates on the subject of review. The update should be brief, covering the advances in the field after the publication of article and should be sent as letter to editor, as and when major development occur in the field.
All persons designated as authors should qualify for authorship, and all those who qualify should be listed. Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for appropriate portions of the content. One or more authors should take responsibility for the integrity of the work as a whole, from inception to published article. The name and order of the authors cannot be changed once the article is provisionally accepted.
Articles should be submitted online by logging www.idamadras.com under the category E – MIDAS by following the link Article Submission.
1. First Page File: Prepare the title page, covering letter, acknowledgement, etc., using a word processor program. All information which can reveal your identity should be here. Do not zip the files.
2. Article file: The main text of the article, beginning from Abstract till References (including tables) should be in this file. Do not include any information such as acknowledgement, your names in page headers, etc., in this file. Do not zip the files. Limit the file size to 400 kb. Do not incorporate images in the file. If the file size is large, graphs can be submitted as images separately without incorporating them in the article file to reduce the size of the file.
3. Images: Submit good quality color images. Each image should be less than 400 kb in size. Size of the image can be reduced by decreasing the actual height and width of the images (keep up to 1024×760 pixels or 5 inches). All image formats (jpeg, tiff, gif, bmp, png, eps, etc.) are acceptable; jpeg is most suitable. Do not zip the files.
4. Legends: Legends for the figures/images should be included at the end of the article file. The authors' form and copyright transfer form has to be submitted to the editorial office by post, in original with the signatures of all the authors within two weeks of online submission. Images related to the articles should be sent in a 'compact disc' or as hard copies to the journal office at the time of acceptance of the manuscript. These images should of high resolution and exceptional quality.
Find Your Events
AddressAB-61, 4th street, Anna nagar, Chennai
© Indian Dental Association 2018